Based in Chermside West, Brisbane, Jacob offers private drum tuition. Lessons take place in a purpose built, sound proof, air conditioned studio on two pro quality drum kits.
Lessons can be taken online via video using Zoom or your app of choice. High quality audio delivered from professional recording equipment, microphones and software
& lessons can be taken with or without a drum kit
QUALIFIED & EXPERIENCED INSTRUCTOR
Jacob holds a Bachelor of Contemporary Music (Southern Cross University, Lismore). Jacob has over 15 years prefessional experience working as a Session Drummer and Drum Tutor
WELCOME TO DRUM LESSONS BRISBANE
We offer a complete approach to drum instruction. We teach everyone from beginners to advanced, kids and adults. Founder of DLB, Jacob Mann, has performance experience has crossed many major festivals, venues, theatre productions and studios in Australia and Internationally. Jacob also has a wealth of experience as a tutor working in many different settings such as tertiary education, schools to private tuition.
From total beginner to advanced, develop and expand your skills, technique and knowledge, to help you experience more with your drumming.
Based in Chermside West, Brisbane, Jacob offers private drum tuition. Lessons take place in a purpose built, sound proof, air conditioned studio on two pro quality drum kits. Jacob takes pride in achieving strong results for his students. Jacob aims to combine the teaching of technique, theory and stylistic awareness with a consistent focus on a student’s individual musical interests and goals.
• Bachelor of Music, Southern Cross University Lismore
• Current Blue Card holder
• Over 15 years experience teaching and performing
• Two drum kits, PA system, studio headphones provided
• Purpose built, soundproof teaching studio
• Waiting room and bathroom facilities
• Hearing protection provided
• Experienced teaching AMEB / RSL Rock School, and ANZCA
• In person and online lessons available
• Lessons are delivered on “Zoom” (free app for Android and Apple). I am happy to use alternative platforms
• Multiple camera angles for clear perspective and easy communication
• Lesson document acts as a virtual whiteboard. Students see notes and edits on the document in real time
•High quality audio delivered from professional recording equipment, microphones and software
•Lessons can be taken with or without a drum kit. Practice pad based lessons are very effective online
•Lessons can be designed to suit any environment or type of equipment. It’s not essential to be able to play a drum kit during your lesson
•Lessons can be focused on reading, notation, theory or general musicianship
• Students have access to their own personal cloud based storage location containing all lesson notes and supporting material. Students can use this location as their home base for accessing lesson material or download content as they wish